Thursday, November 30, 2006

Yorkshiremen, Manks, whale sharks & mata rays

Tofo Beach, Mozambique


Just a taster as Mik definately needs to be the one to write about his whale sharks and amazing diving, but in the meantime....




How many elephants can you fit in a mini?

After the obligatory 30 minute wait for the minibus to fill every seat we left the town square of Inhambane. Only to go round the corner where two further ladies boarded the already full van. I had given up my seat at the front next to Mik to a lady and her baby as her kids had been perched on the wheel arches and I thought she might prefer to be near them. So I sat on one of the flip down seats which fills the aisle and was soon sharing this with another girl. We stopped again and the driver seemed to think we could fit a few more people in. By this stage I had two bottoms in my face and a lady hanging over me with a baby swinging horizontal in a papouss. Funny! Then the lady behind me grabbed my hair. Initially I wasn't sure if she was clinging on for dear life or if it was getting in her way. When she did it again and I turned to smile and see what the hell she was doing I found her examining it and making comments to those sat nearby in Portuguese. I couldn't understand her but it probably went along the lines of 'what strange hair these people have, and see how it splits at the ends' The guys next to her found it highly amusing and we all had a good giggle. I have to say that it was great entertainment for the 50 pence fare but it wasn't the most pleasant smelling bus ride I've ever been on, and when the lady next to me began breast feeding I was ready to get off.






Cara

No comments: